11.24.2010

Thanksgiving in Oregon

It doesn't quite feel like Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I'm not at my parent's house helping my mom prepare pies, make rolls, a cheese ball, fudge, and more! It's different this year! I am home alone tonight. I need to make a pumpkin roll but it's hard to get the motivation tonight when I have to do it alone. I will find it here in a second! I have to!

 Anyways, about a week ago Nate's old mission companion and his family invited us over to their house in Washougal, Washington. We will be going there this year to enjoy our Thanksgiving! It won't be the same but we are grateful to spend it with friends at least! Nate is excited to see Paul and catch up!

Although, we are very dissapointed we can't be with family this Thanksgiving we are extremely grateful for the many people who have checked up on us to see if we had somewhere to go! We have had at least six different families make sure we had a place to go! A few of you read my blog and please know that we truly appreciate you thinking of us! It means so much more than you know!

To all our family and friends:



Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! We love you and are grateful for you above all else!

3 comments:

  1. :( I'm sorry. Your family is so sweet. I think one of my favorite Easter dinners was at your house. The food was delicious and made with so much love. I will also miss you and your family this Thanksgiving. I love your stinking guts! Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing that can replace your family during the Holidays. If you ever need to chat about missing your family & living in a foreign place, you can totally talk to me! I had the HARDEST time when we moved to Oregon & away from my family. To be honest with you, I hated Oregon at first! It was a really hard adjustment for me, so I totally know where you are coming from!
    BTW- Thank you so much for the pumpkin butter! That was so nice of you and oh so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you and all of our family this year. I'm glad you got to go to Washington to spend the day with friends. I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete