11.13.2010

Goodwill

Today, I am so grateful for an amazing store!

When we moved to Oregon we still had a few things (mostly furniture) to acquire for our apartment!
We didn't want to spend too much money so we did most of our shopping at GOODWILL!

Let me first say that Goodwill has it's ups and downs! It is not as cheap as D.I. but we don't have any of those here so the closest thing is Goodwill! I personally think some things are way over-priced but then again some things are really reasonable for a second hand store! I can't count how many times I have shopped at Goodwill since our move to Oregon and how many things I just love and treasure from that store! I knew that once I had the opprotunity to have my own place and branch out in my own design style I would love every minute of it!

Goodwill has enabled me to feed my addiction to vintage style everything!!! Not everything I find there fits my design style but we are just starting out with a limited budget and so we do with what we find! However, I have been able to find a number of things that I would not mind keeping FOREVER!!!

Some of these things include:
  • My beautiful vintage trunk
  • My lovely vintage books that right now sit on top of  my trunk!!! (These include two poem books, Works of William Shakespear, children's fairy tales, other fairy tales, and an old websters dictionary)!
  • My coffee table (It's not really vintage, but SUPER cute with wicker baskets for storage!
  • My fun black vintage vase
  • A vintage wood and wicker sleigh
  • My new magazine basket
I'm only a bit addicted to baskets!
  • My blanket basket
  • My beautiful vintage candle holders
  
A few other things from Goodwill that currently reside in our home:
  • Our dresser
  • Our tv stand
  • Our end table and night stand
  • Our two dining room chairs (I love these chairs and wish we could find two more for a reasonable price!!!) They were an awesome find!
I could honestly go on and on about this place! Not all my trips are amazingly succesful but I usually find at least one thing that I just can't help but buy! If it were not for Goodwill we would have a serious money issue!!! j/k I'm sure we would find what we need somehow but this store has really made it so much easier and afordable to first, find the things we need at a cheaper price, and second to feed my addiction to home decor items at a reasonable price!

P.S. Someday when I have the room and money I am going to restore antique, vintage furniture!!! For now I have no place to put it!

2 comments:

  1. What great things you have found there. I love that store too, but lately I have loved it mostly for the fact that they take away all my junk. They probably recognize my car by now with all my deliveries, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to come decorate my house. PLEASSSSSE?!?!

    ReplyDelete