11.12.2010

Exciting Times

Wow!!! Last night was exciting around here!

It involved our apartment complex being surrounded by police with assault rifles and shields everywhere, a TCU team, reserves (one with a bazooka in his backpack), and a voice over a loudspeaker saying, "This is the Woodburn Police! Come out with your hands in the air immediately!"

I was in my apartment enjoying Christmas music when a friend texted me and said she couldn't get to my apartment to drop off some rice for the food drive because our apartment building was in lockdown.
News to me!!! I guess I should have looked out the window earlier! I had heard sirens but I figured it was just a cop going by the complex! Not quite!

Well, I looked out one window and saw some cars blocking the garages. A little weird. I went out the door and looked out to the area with the garages. Nobody there! I came inside and locked the door (the one you see to the right!), went to my bedroom and looked out the other window. That is when I saw a van pull up, an officer get out, go to his back end and come out suited up with an assault rifle in his hands! Okay, even weirder!!!
At this point I called Nate a little weirded out! Who wouldn't be while home alone at night with police carrying assault rifles all around outside? He said he was almost home and he would find out what was going on.

All we knew at first was that there was an assault in one of the buildings next to ours. Later on while looking out the balcony I heard the word hostage. Nate came in and told me there were police everywhere with assault rifles and a swat team there surrounding the buildings. We watched out our balcony and then later heard on a loudspeaker "This is the Woodburn Police. Come out with your hands in the air!" quite a few times. Then there was a family with little kids scrambling through the parking lot crying and running to a car.

We found out a little later that it involved armed subject with guns and knives but evidently the guy they were looking for was not there. I was a little confused but I will keep up on the news!

Here is a link to the most recent news if you are interested!

The picture posted on this news post is directly under our porch balcony we watched from. I saw them taking these pictures as we watched the scene unfold!


On a happier note, I get to go to a craft night tonight at a friends house! I am so excited, Emily! Thank you!

And, today I am thankful for




My beautiful flowers and soft, cuddly puppy dog from the silly man standing next to me here!


Oh, how I love him!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh how sweet of him. I am so glad that you guys got married. You are perfect for eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's crazy! Doesn't surprise me for Woodburn though. Nice blog, I didn't know you had one. It'll be fun to get to know you. What nice flowers too.

    ReplyDelete