11.07.2010

Answered Prayers

Tonight, I am grateful for answered prayers!



All day I was planning to post on something else but that will have to wait until tomorrow because this is more important! It just shows how much we have to be grateful for when I have a list in my head of all the things I want to post on here! I might have to copy Tammy in her efforts to post every day until the end of the year because I have a huge list!!! Thanks for the idea Tammy!

I was recently asked to be the coordinator for an Inter-Faith Food Drive our ward is participating in! I was really excited.


The excitement died down a little through the last couple weeks because I became blank in how to really accomplish a couple things associated with it.

As a program manager and a director in Service Activities at BYU-Idaho my advisor, who I learned a great deal from, stressed that our efforts in Service Activities would prepare us for callings in the church and community events that we would have an opportunity to help with! Well, this past week I have seriously wondered why I was having such a hard time figuring this one out when I was evidently supposed to be prepared!

Tonight I have learned so much!

One, my testimony of answered prayers was reaffirmed

Two, when my Service Advisor talked about preparation he didn't necessarily mean I would have all the answers but he was trying to teach me that when the time came I would know some other more important things! One of these including, I would know to turn to my Savior for help and that in faith he would answer our prayers as we strive to do our best!

Three, Heavenly Father answers even the unsaid prayers of our heart! We needed a way to get all the rice we are collecting to the drop-off point. All the leadership of our ward have a ward leadership meeting that morning and I didn't want to ask a huge favor of anyone! I never specifically prayed that I would find a way to get the rice delivered. I did pray that the Lord would help me with this calling and even though I never talked specifically of this one thing, Heavenly Father heard the prayer and worry in my heart!

Four, our ansered prayers often come through another person who listens to the Spirit and acts on it!

There are many more things but you could be here all night reading this post and lets be honest who is going to sit here all night reading a post on my blog? Nobody, probably not even myself! ;-) j/k

So, I will end by giving you a challenge! Please, be sure to SAY YOUR PRAYERS TONIGHT!

He is listening ever so closely! Even on matters of rice!



Wish me luck in reaching our goal!


1 comment:

  1. Sharona! You are so amazing. I had a similar experience this weekend! I was fasting and praying, and boy did he answer!

    I luh you!

    ReplyDelete