11.09.2010

40 lbs.

40 lbs. of what?

CHICKEN for a pretty darn good price!

I saw a deal for chicken on a blog I had looked at about a month ago and I had to do it because we eat lots of chicken! I cook with chicken a lot!

Yesterday morning we went to Wilsonville and picked up our 40 lb. box of fresh chicken.

Fresh means never frozen before!!!
We came home, trimmed, cut, and bagged A LOT  of chicken.
My husband was nice enough to help me! Otherwise, I could have possibly been there all day!
I cut about 15 lbs. into chicken strips, 15 lbs. into smaller chicken breast pices, and about 10 lbs. into chicken chunks! I marinated a couple bags of each with hawaiian and lemon pepper marinade and then we stuck them in the freezer!

I am so excited to have a store of chicken in the freezer and that it is already cut and packaged into serving sizes that are better for just the two of us!

I am also super grateful for Nate for helping me all morning with this! His patience amazes me more each day!

P.S. Did you see what we were grateful for yesterday!?! We are still super excited about it! We got Netflix all set up through it and I even started on my Wii Fit Plus today!

No comments:

Post a Comment