11.22.2010

Claire, You Made My Day

Little Miss Claire Lulich made my night!

This adorable little girl is in my primary class and her amazing mom, who is the greatest Primary President ever, had the cutest idea ever! While my husband and I were sitting home tonight we had a knock at the door. I didn't want to answer the door because I had not yet done the dishes and I did not look my best! I made Nate get the door but then I saw who it was and so I reluctantly went to the door!

That is when Claire and Raina just made my night!!! In her hands she carried an adorable little bag of goodies and in her shy little voice she said, "Thank you for being my primary teacher!" 


I didn't quite know how to react and what to say because I'm terrible when the words have to come out of my mouth! If I can write them on paper they flow better but I don't always have that luxury and so I just hugged her, told her (and her mom) Thank you, and that was about it! After I closed the door I realized I should have invited them in even if my counter was full of dishes and I had folded laundry all over my living room. I should have told her Thank you for being in my class and being so reverent all the time! She really is an incredibly reverent little girl and she is always willing to say prayers or answer my questions! I should have asked her (and her mom) how there Thanksgiving plans were going and if she was excited for the holidays this year!

However, I didn't say any of that! I just gave her a hug and said Thank you. I hope she realized in her little mind how much I appreciated her little gift! It made my night! I so appreciate the pure, innocent little hearts I get to teach every Sunday! Even though they like to run around, jump off and on the chairs, and talk about random things beside the lesson they know the basic, most important beliefs that we adults sometimes overlook! And, they say the cutest things some days!

Mosiah 3:19

For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit and puteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the Atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

So, tonight I am grateful for my cute primary kids! I love each one of them A LOT!

P.S. What do you say to a boy who told you he can't sit in his chair during class because his mom told him if he sits, he gets fat?  Haha...I just wanted to laugh! This kid takes things very seriously!


2 comments:

  1. Was it Trey who said that? That's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great primary teacher, its obvious that your primary kids love you too!

    ReplyDelete