11.02.2012

Idaho

I love that one word! It brings with it a great deal of comfort, memories, and love that no other one place can ever come close to. Even though I really do love Oregon and Maryland for certain reasons, Idaho trumps all!

Kamden and I were able to visit for three weeks last month and Nathan was there for two weeks, off and on. He had to fly home in between though and come back. However, I was so happy that I didn't have to fly alone with Kamden like I was going to. We ended up leaving earlier than we had planned because Nathan's Grandpa Benson died unexpectedly during surgery. We were grateful to go back for the funeral and spend a little time remembering him. I learned so much about him that I didn't know before. He had done a little of almost everything during his life. The funeral was great. We spent that week with the Benson Family in Grace and it was nice to be together and I had a lot of help so I could work on homework. We were also able to go to Alisa's bridal shower while we were there in town that week. It was fun and exciting since I usually don't get to attend these fun family things anymore!

Kamden and Grandma Benson

Kamden and Aunt Shanon. He was so confused that she looked just like me. This was the first time he saw her for close to six months and it was so funny how he would look at both of us.
Pictures with Alisa at the Bridal Shower!
 After that week Nathan had to go home for the week while Kamden and I stayed and traveled down to Blackfoot to see the Oler Family. We had a lot of fun here spending time with Kamden's cousins Maleah, Kaitlyn, and Carter (who we met for the first time)! Not to mention Kamden loves his aunts and uncles, seriously without a doubt some of his favorites. I worked on homework a lot and Kamden played with Grandma Oler and the cousins a ton! Unfortunately, during our stay we also both got sick and both threw up on and off for three days. I was so grateful to have my mom there. The hardest night were both Kamden and I threw up all night my mom stayed with Kamden cleaning him up and helping him while I  tried to take care of myself and get some sleep.

Mowing the lawn with Aunt Shylo
Kamden and Carter, his first boy cousin!
With Papa Oler
With Grandma Oler on one of our sick days with the flu!
Kamden and I both got a haircut (trim) while we were there and it was crazy how much older it made my little guy look. It was kind of bitter sweet but needed!

Ashley giving Kamden his first hair cut! He really needed this!
I got to can yummy salsa with my mom and Shylo! I miss that stuff. Sometimes, it is so unfair I live in Maryland. I ate lots while I was there though! I also got to have a twin night with Shanon and it was great, even if we had to do homework. We had pizza hut, jamba juice, went through her overflowing closet, and talked about life while doing homework and hanging out.

Nathan came back and we spent some more time in the Grace, Logan, and Soda Springs area for his cousin Alisa's wedding. Alisa set us up on our blind date so we owe a lot to her and we are so excited to see her in such a blissful state with her new found love!

Not the greatest quality and I know we got a picture with them (I think) but I don't know where!
After the wedding we took some time to spend with friends that both live in Rexburg. Unfortunately, we weren't able to see the Hildebrand's but we did see the Montague's. Luckily, we were able to spend time with the Hildebrand's during the month of August when we wont on a mission tour for Nate and Paul. That post is coming up soon! The Montague's came to Grace and we visited late into the night on Friday. Saturday we woke up and headed out to go get some soda water and see the geyser in Soda Springs. We then headed to Lava Hot Springs to have some yummy pizza and sit in the Hot Pools for awhile. Before they decided to head back for Rexburg we made homemade root beer with our soda water and talked some more!

Us in front of the geyser in Soda Springs!
Kristen and Chase being good sports trying the soda water. They were unimpressed!
Shortly after we headed to Blackfoot that night to spend some time with family there. On Sunday we went to Maleah's primary program and then we got ready for Kamden's birthday party that we had at the park in Pocatello. Most the family came and we had a great time! During the beginning of the week before we had to leave on Wednesday we had another Oler family dinner, Nathan spent some time four wheeling and then that night (Monday) he got us a night at the Black Swan Inn while Grandma and Grandpa Oler watched Kamden.. We have done this every year and I so appreciate that he thinks of me!

On Wednesday we flew out of Salt Lake City, headed back for Maryland. Kamden did not do so well on this flight so we were happy to get home that night and exhausted. However, it was all worth it and we love any chance we get to visit family and that blessed state of Idaho, the one my brother, Marcus, calls God's country!

No comments:

Post a Comment