11.18.2012

Grateful Post: Day #15

I only had one brother to grow up with but was lucky enough later on to have my older sister marry someone who fits right into our family! Like I said, in a post about Sara I was able to live with them for about a year and during that time I got to know Clay in a whole different way then I ever knew him. I grew to understand what a kind, and solid guy he is in the Gospel. He and Sara helped through one of the toughest times in my life when I lived with them and I developed a great deal of respect for his willingness to let me move into their home and love me even in difficult times.

Clay with his two girls
 Since we have moved to Maryland I haven't been able to spend as much time with Clay but I still cherish him and the relationship we have. He told me a few years back in a conversation we had about some decisions I had to make in life that I was his sister whether by blood or not and he loved me just like I was always his sister. I know that he meant that and that he would always be willing to help me if I needed it.

During that same time that I lived with them I remember a few conversations I had with him about decisions I needed to make, some about marrying my husband, and I always valued and appreciated his advice so much. I knew he truly sought out the Lord's help in helping me!

Clay and Carter
 Clay, thanks for being another great, amazing brother to me and always having kind words of advice for me! Love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment