11.18.2012

Grateful Post: Day #14

Wow, I can't believe Thanksgiving is so close! I'm onto another grateful post and today I am going to write about one of the greatest men I know! He just happens to be my brother and I have a lot of great things to say about him that I don't say often enough!

Marcus, is the oldest of four kids, and the only boy. When I was younger I didn't appreciate him as much as I should have but we were all young and didn't realize what was really important! However, I have grown to love Marcus more than ever since I have had the opportunity to get to know so many of his strengths!

Marc, me and Shan
 If there is something that needs done, Marcus notices and just takes care of it, no questions asked. One of my absolute favorite things about him is his respect for women. He treats all of them with great respect and kindness and values the role of womanhood greatly. He took after my dad and he knows the meaning of hard work and while he's doing it he never complains; like I said earlier, he just gets it done and moves on to what needs to be done next. However, when he's not working he also knows how to play hard whether it be four wheelers, snowmobiling, mudding in his newest truck, or wrestling with his brother in laws and yes, his sisters too! Some of my favorite memories with him are him wrestling with us!

Marc and his sweet wife, Shylo
Another great trait Marcus has is his patience and acceptance of people. He does not accept bad behavior but he takes every opportunity to simply teach through it. In fact, this last Halloween when his pumpkins got smashed him and the cops drove around town until they found who was doing it and then simply taught them, sternly I'm sure, but in all of this he does it with love!

Marc pushing Kamden in the swing
 Him and his wife, Shylo, who I wrote about previously have had their share of trials, losing too many sweet spirits before they had the opportunity to raise them. Earlier this year when they lost their sweet Oaklie Rose, instead of searching for comfort himself, him and his sweet wife were comforting those around them. He is a rock and I'm not sure anything could shake him!

Marc, Shy, and Oaklie

Thanks Marcus, for being so awesome to me as your sister and my little family. We love your family greatly, all of you, here and not.


No comments:

Post a Comment