11.18.2012

Grateful Post: Day #17

You are lucky! Nathan is helping me to catch up today so it's his turn to do a couple grateful posts!

OK peeps... I somehow got wrangled into writing not just one but two posts.... I don't remember having signed up for this grateful post thingy but I guess it is a good thing so I guueeesss I will help out just this once... or twice...

So Day #17 grateful post:
In sticking with the theme of people we are grateful for and since she is very unlikely to write about herself, because she is just so amazingly humble, I am going to write about my beautiful, amazingly talented, hard working, kind hearted, intelligent and humble wife, Sharon Marie!!! And if that incredibly long, hard to follow sentence doesn't give you a hint as too why she is better at this type of thing, then I don't know what will.
So let me begin by saying how grateful I am for the incredible mother she is! When we first met and I realized there was a potential that our relationship may go somewhere, I was especially interested in what kind of mother she would be to our future children if we were to get married and have chitlans... It didn't take long after seeing how she interacted with her niece and how good she was with babies and little kids for me to realize Sharon was a natural! In fact the first time I saw her hold a little baby I melted. From then on I had no question she would be an amazing mommy and I have not been disappointed! With a crazy little boy that follows after me and can be quite a hand full and another little one on their way I am especially grateful for this fact. I do not thing I could have done better if I had searched for the rest of my life!!!! She is the right mommy for Kamden and the right wife for me!!!
And speaking of wifeness she never ceases to amaze me at how patient and forgiving she is.
I am definitely not the easiest person to get along with. Some (those that really know me) might say I am a big tease and a bit of a weird person... I am definitely not without my faults(I have lots and lots and lots of those) and I am sure she thinks to herself quite often "what in the world did I get myself into"!!! But when it comes down to it she always loves me more unconditionally than anyone I have ever known (besides Christ of course). Speaking of Christ, from the moment I have met her Sharon has shown many Christlike attributes that are so hard to find in the world we live in today. I guess that is what makes her such an amazing person to be around. She is Patient, Kind, Loving, Fun Hard working, and Has a testimony forged in the fires of tribulation that shines for all the world to see. She is always wanting to help those she sees in need and she will do anything to lighten another's burdens.
Yet another thing I am always surprised by (I guess I should realize by now not to be surprised by this awe-inspiring woman) is her work ethic! She is never happier than when she stuff to do. It seems she is never content to just let things be for awhile. She is constantly cleaning (which with Kamden is a never ending process and can easily become incredibly overwhelming very quickly), chasing and teaching Kamden, cooking, doing endless amounts of homework, feeding missionaries, teaching with the missionaries, visiting teaching, random service projects for church and just because she sees someones need, working out daily, consistently doing nice things for me, and the list goes on and on.  She always works so hard to make our apartment a fit home for us and a place where others can feel welcome. 
What makes all of this that much more amazing is all that our little family and especially Sharon has been through over the last couple years and yet she has only become more amazing. Just a few examples of what I am talking about include marrying ME (which by the way involved doing nearly all the planning while I was in another state working), moving to one end of the country and then moving to the complete opposite of the country within a year and while 6 months pregnant, dealing with and staying married to ME, Having Kamden running around who is just like me (as if One of me wasn't bad enough) and many other crazy life experiences!
Anyway It has taken me forever to write this one post and I still have to write another tonight along with adding pictures (which will be slow since I am not that good at it) so I think this will have to do for now. I know... I know it is nowhere near adiquite for the amazing women Sharon is. I honestly can not express how much I love and respect her and how grateful I am for hwer in my life! She truely has saved my life in more ways than I probably even know. I sincerely hope She Knows how much she means to me and to all the people that know her. 
Sharon, Kamden and I are Grateful for you!!!!
Love your freaking Guts Girly!!!


 P.S. Included just because hippopotamuses are just cool!!! (absolutely no relation to post above or Sharon in any way)

No comments:

Post a Comment