11.02.2012

Grateful Post: Day #2

Today, I am overcome with the gratitude for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. In the last 4 years of my life the Atonement has become something very real in my life for both it's redeeming and it's enabling powers. I have needed both at times and it truly is the only thing that can give us real comfort in our times of need.

I have had the opportunity through a few different experiences and trials lately to study the Atonement more and learn of the power it possesses as well as the mercy, gentleness, and justice it allows. There is truly no other thing I can think of that is so extensive and complete and that is with my very limited understanding of it. I'm sure I will not understand the true extent until I leave this Earth possibly but I am truly grateful for the knowledge I have, am, and will receive on the Atonement. 

I Will Dry Your Tears by Simon Dewey
 For the past 4 years of my life it has been my only constant, unchanging comfort and especially in times when I need it the most. However, I am also learning that I need it all of the time, especially as a mother! One of my greatest blessings has been to learn of the personal nature of the Atonement. While it is so universal and extends to each of us, and many more, it is personal and also designed just for me! I was thought of personally in the Atonement and in that garden as well as on the cross my Savior remembered my name, who I was, and what I needed. He didn't stop there though, he continued and he did what was necessary and essential to provide me the means I would need to overcome all of what I would experience on this Earth.

I know that my Redeemer lives and I know that he performed the Atonement. I know it is personal in nature and that it provides me with the necessary means to return. I know these things to be true and I am especially grateful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment