9.29.2010

The Benson's Fall/Halloween Home Tour

I finally finished my fall/halloween decorations! I have been anxiously awaiting this day for a while! I have been collecting things for the past month from the dollar store and Michael's for my fall and halloween decorations! It was perfect that the dollar store was my friend and I had a gift card to Michael's that I haven't used in forever! Nate let me indulge in my decor hobby for the past week or so and he even got in on the action, helping me! 

Anyways, are you ready!?! Here we go!

Wreath on the front door!
Please ignore my pitiful bow but I made this wreath! The sign, broom, spiders, and web are from the dollar store! I spray painted the broom black! Wound ribbon around the wreath and put a bow on the top. Please ignore my pitiful bow! My mother makes amazing, full bows! Me, I am pitiful! I need more practice!


These are pictures of my front door decor! I got the scarecrow, flowers, pumpkins, and gourds all from the dollar store! The straw bale is from Michael's and I love it! Only problem is that they aren't attached! Remember, I told you yesterday my straw bale is stubborn and I couldn't stick anything in it! Well, I ended up just arranging them on top so I hope they stay! All issues aside, I love it! I wish it was in my house but I would have to vaccum daily!

In my kitchen above my cupboards! Once again the flowers are dollar store!

Table Centerpiece! Flowers and ribbon from dollar store! Cute pumpkins from Michael's


I'm not super proud of this table but I might work on it some more! Those cute headstones are from the dollar store!

I had this bowl already but it was a gold colored bowl that just needed some help, especially for halloween! All we did was spray paint it in black and blotted it with a paper towel! I love it too! It matches our table now! P.S. This is the top of our new coffee table! The bottom has cute wicker, storage baskets that I just love!


Decorations by the television! All courtesy of the dollar store! Except that small pumpkin is from Michaels!

This isn't really fall/halloween but it is an awesome Goodwill find! My second favorite find! My first favorite is coming soon! It's perfect for holding a few blankets!

We found this cute little plant stand at Ross for a good deal! Isn't it cute?


Now, be honest!!! Do you not just love my adorable, beautiful, vintage treasure I found at Goodwill!!! This trunk is my new favorite thing in our home! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! My next favorite, before the basket is these books! We found them all at Goodwill too! There are two fairy tale books, two poem books, and A COMPLETE WORKS OF SHAKESPEARE!!! Yeah, you got it! I love these vintage books! The lace underneath is also from Goodwill! It is a pillowcase! I brought it home, bleached it, and found a purpose for it because that cute lace is definitely useful! 

Anyways, did I tell you yet that I love my trunk? I also, found a cute little milk stool at Michael's with that awesome Apple Cider jug on my trunk! 

I think that about covers it! I have had so much fun decorating! Has anyone else decorated for Halloween/Fall? Do you not just love it!?! I think I get this love from my mother! It runs in the genes! Thanks mom for teaching me and letting me decorate and do flowers with you all those many times!

Stay tuned to this blog for my next long over-due post on "How to Remedy a Horrible, No-Good Migraine!" 

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Sharon, you did so good on the decorations! You have your own little house you can decorate and be proud of :). I did some decorating but not even half as much as you, well becuase I don't have as much stuff as you :). I went to the dollar store as well, but I couldn't find all that cute stuff your dollar store had. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little house and all the decorating. You are so clever. I don't take the time to decorate only at Christmas time. So proud of you and the little homemaker you have become. Shae likes to decorate and make things for Halloween with her kids. She does a great job--but not nearly as much as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thanks for the comment ! you have a cute blog :)
    looks like you're enjoying married life ... its great huh?

    xo!
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are too crafty! I hope by just knwing you that SOME of it will rub off on me (a girl can dream though!)

    ReplyDelete