9.07.2010

Our Trip To Idaho





So, I know this is so late in coming but I did say I would get it up here and I have to fulfill my commitment!

We went back home for the second time in a month in August! Life comes all at once sometimes! However, I am so grateful that I was able to go back and say goodbye to my grandfather, watch my amazingly adorable nieces, meet my brother-in-law who got home from his mission, that we could say goodbye to Josh before he is deployed to Iraq, and to spend time with family and friends for a little while!

I have already posted on my trip home the end of July and beginning of August so this post is dedicated to our journeys in Grace!

We had to get there by Friday morning in order to say goodbye to Josh so we left Woodburn Thursday night as soon as Nate got off work and we drove all night long! Except for the multiple times we had to stop and stretch, rest, or switch drivers! I thought that was a long drive in one day but its even longer at night!

Well, we got there and spent some time with family before Josh left! It is the first time in two years that all of Nates famiy have been together and it will be the last for another year at least so there were definitely some family pictures taken! I don't know why but a lot of them are blurry. I think the lens was dirty! :o(

Us
The boys rebelling!


Their better side! From right to left is Brain, Josh, David, and Nate!

All of the Benson Guys!
The Gals!
Everyone minus the man of the family!
So, I don't actually have one of the whole family but you should read this Dad Benson (Mr. Man of the Family) and when you do will you please send us one you have of the whole family, including you!

It was so fun to see everyone! Brian gave an amazing talk in Sacrament meeting on Sunday (I swear he had all the women in tears) and I'm pretty sure some men as well!

On Saturday we had a BBQ at Grandpa Benson's house with all of The Benson Family (minus Josh) and the Oler Family (minus Marc and Shylo)! It was a blast!

Miss Mea

Grandpa Oler and Kaitlyn
Grandma Mauer and Kaitlyn
Nate and Shanon Carlie
Twins, Sisters, Friends
David and Brian
Mea, Me, Mom, Sara, and Kaitlyn (Shan already left)
Unfortunately, I am a slacker and didn't take any pictures on Sunday with all of the extended family to see Brain's homecoming talk! I wish I had! It was a blast though with tons of food!!!

I would say my biggest accomplishment of the whole weekend home was managing to steal a hug from every single one of Nate's brothers! They are not big on hugging so when we said goodbye to each one they had to give hugs!!! :o)

We can't wait until the next time we can go back! I am going to be having major withdrawls from our family because we were so lucky to visit twice within the two and a half months since we moved!

We love you all! Can't wait to see you again!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures, I'm so glad you got to come home and I miss you a TON. I do the same thing with Clay's brothers, I make them give me a hug befor we say goodbye. At first they thought it was weird but now they just know they have to give me a hug :) I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I love trips home to Idaho :) I miss you and Shanon!

    ReplyDelete