9.18.2010

One Virtuous Woman

Previous days we called happy can sometimes turn sad for those of us left here when loved ones pass on! Most often those days are birthdays, anniversaries, or days of loss.  Today is one of those!

This dear woman, passed away close to two years ago! We miss her so much and today is her birthday!


I remember her whole family congregating at their house celebrating the life of this beautiful woman! I miss those days, those celebrations, those dinners, those laughs, those hugs, and those kisses! Last night my her family in Idaho released baloons at her headstone for the second time! I wish I could have been there but even so I can still see those balloons floating in the air up, up, up into the air!

This woman was a beautiful woman. I wish I had more pictures on my computer to show you. She grew up a beautiful, strong, hard-working, sensitive, caring, corageous, virtuous, and valiant individual!

She grew up through hard times but she pulled through! She also ran into many trials throughout her life! One large trial happened in the later years of her life when she contracted West Nile Virus while working outside in her vegetable and flower gardens, one of her favorite past times! This illness threatened her life many times. After being in a coma, spending months in the intensive care, losing the ability to walk, talk, or function normally, spending months more in the hospital, spending months in a nursing home (wishing she could come home every day), and many countless days working to regain her life back this woman was still strong and valiant in her testimony of the gospel and life!

I remember when she came to live with my parents and I would come home on weekends to help out seeing her struggle and yearn for her independence. She had to learn to depend completely on other for help! I remember her tears, her prayers, her love! Throughout it all she never lost her amazing ability to LOVE! This woman was the epitomy of pure, christlike love! I remember her hugging me and not letting go! If we pulled away she would hold tighter. I remember her kisses, her soft hands rubbing my back or playing with my hair during church! I remember walking through the field to visit Grandma and Grandpa at least weekly to visit, play games, and eat popcorn! I remember countless Fridays I got to spend with her on the weekly trips to get her hair done and get groceries! She always had to fill up her mug with Diet Coke and Grandpa's with Pepsi. Then she would buy us a treat, usually doughnuts! :o)

This beautiful, valiant, corageous woman reminds me so much of the scripture found in Proverbs 31:10. It says, "Who can find a virtuous woman, for her price is far above rubies." She was a virtuous woman. She is a virtuous woman and her price is far above rubies!

Grandma, I love you and I look forward to a day when I will see you and grandpa again! I am happy you are together now! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment