9.08.2010

Missing Him

We have been given a true blessing but I am having a really hard time enjoying it right now!

Nate, is doing "pump watch" at work right now! They are pumping out a lake and so they have to have someone watching all the pumps and fixing them if needed! He gets paid prevailing wages (more than usual...like double) and he works 12 hours a night, every night, for the next two weeks at least! I'm really worried he is going to exhaust himself! 12 hour shift every night for two weeks or more is going to be a killer! I used to think 4 or 5 days worth of 12 hour shifts at the hospital was bad...he puts that to shame!

Anyways, it is a blessing because we need to save up the money BUT I really miss him and this could be a boring two weeks or more! I hope we will finally get into some kind of schedule together but for now I just miss him! I sleep...he works...I wake up...he comes home...we try to cuddle for a little while before he heads to bed himself...I get back up and wish he was awake with me...he wakes up...we eat...he goes to work again and I still miss him...and then I finally try to sleep without him there!

I just am really going to miss him! I am grateful for the opportunity though and that my husband is a hard-worker! I just need someone here to spend time with because being home alone gets old!

If anyone has ideas to pass some time, let me know! I am going to make cinnamon rolls tomorrow! Super excited about that! I need some other things to do though because trying new recipes and baking all the time will definitely not help my love handles!

Thank you Nate for working so hard! I hope you have a good night at work! I'm so excited to call you later and chat! Can't wait to see you in the morning! I love love love you! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I hear ya on missing your husband. Just be grateful it is for 2 weeks and not a year like me. I also hate being alone. However, I have found that I have to keep myself busy doing things (even if it means you spend some money). Find a new hobby (I just finished a quilting class and loved it). Get in touch with old friends, find an elementary school to volunteer at, etc. It is hard at first. But once you find a schedule, life gets much better!

    Love ya
    tammy

    ReplyDelete