9.28.2010

A Not so Joyful Day in the Journey!

I know, I know...why blog about the not so joyful days!?! Well, because I am living in reality and so are you and lets face it, we all have them! Maybe someone else had one of those days and hopefully I'm not the only one!

Today, was HARD! Any major particular reason...no, not really! So, why was it hard?

1. I just didn't have the motivation to finish my peaches! They really need to be done but instead I just stared at them every time I walked in the kitchen and wished they would dissapear for the day!



2. I finished my wreath but the bow is pitiful! I tried to make an awesome looking floral bow for the top of my wreath...the ones my mom makes like a professional because she is a professional! Well, I failed MISSERABLY!  Oh well, all things aside I finished the wreath! Pictures to come later!

3. My straw bale outside the front door was incredibly stubborn! It would not let me stick a flower through it for the life of me! So, what did I do...I gave up! I quit and I will have to do it later when I'm not such a bum!

4. My peaches still are not done!

5. I talked to Shanon and while on the phone she stopped by Sara's house to see my mom and the girls! I could hear Mea and Kaitlyn in the background and all I wanted to do was hug them so tight and kiss them until I had to stop! However, I couldn't because I'm a million miles away and I am afraid every day that the next time I see them they won't even want to come near me! What if they forget me!?!  I was going through a tough time when I lived with Sara and Clay and Maleah was the sunshine of my days during that time in my life! (Kaitlyn wasn't here yet, otherwise she would have been as well!) She could make me smile when not another single soul could! Oh, I miss them so!



7.I wish I was freezing peaches and making peach jam with my mom! She is so smart and she knows how to do it! I had to call her multiple times with questions!

8. I miss all of our family so very much! I miss just being with them!

9. I wish my mother-in-law could zone my feet! She has a gift for healing and when I start to hurt she always helps!

10. I was going to post on my fall and halloween decorations but didn't finish because of my frustration and lack of motivation!

11. I still don't have thank you cards done! I stamped thank you cards forever and a day! Please don't judge me for the fact that I have still not finished my thank you's from our wedding! I promise they are super cute and I will get them all out soon!

12. Some times we just have a "bad day!" I love this song on those days and the music video is pretty cute!

The remedy to a not so good day is this:

1. Cry while laying in my husband's arms. Cry some more. When he came home I was a bump on a log! He could tell. He paid the rent, came back, and asked what was wrong! I cried, he held me, I cried some more until I could finally just say, "Some days it's just hard living here!" He kindly agreed and then held me some more! Exactly what I needed!


One of these sweet kisses can make everything all better!

2. Dry my tears and make warm potato-corn chowder to eat with my homemade swedish braided bread I made yesterday!

3. Have a peach milkshake!

4. Listen to Elder Wirthlin's talk "Come What May and Love It" after finishing my blog post while my husband is finishing home teaching!

5. Snuggle up next to my husband and watch a movie!

I hope that most of you had a good day! Here is to hoping we all have a good day tomorrow! If not, try to remedy it with the above mentioned suggestions and let me know I'm not the only one! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I love YOU! I'm sorry that you had a bad day, but I'm glad Nate was there and helped you feel better. I'm sure your halloween decorations are so cute, because that is how you are. You make everything cute! I have bad days all the time, what gets me through them is hoping tomarrow will be better. And it usually is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad! I'm sorry girl! I agree with the niece (or nephews in my case) thing... being away definitely is the worst! I would think it would be even harder after living with them and really getting to know them...the most I have ever had is visits so I guess I don't know what i'm missing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    I am so sorry! I live away from family too and miss them like crazy and sometimes despise where we live. IT can be really hard so I can feel your pain. I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete