10.02.2010

A Couple Things I Like Today

I know I promised a post on how to get rid of a "horrible, no-good, migraine" but I just can't do it right now because I have this headache, runny nose, and watering eyes that won't let me focus for a very long period of time.

Sorry. What you get is what you get!

Today, I will be letting you in on a couple things that I like as of the last few days!

On Thursday, at the temple, I realized something! I felt BEAUTIFUL!  I really felt so beautiful! It's not like I think I'm ugly but most girls find a million things about themselves that they wouldn't mind bypassing or trading for the nose, hair, eyes, or etc. that is a little more attractive. Attraction is all by opinion though, right? 

Portland, OR temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Anyways, if you are feeling like you just don't look so hott, even though  your husband continues to tell you, you are! The solution is to just GO TO THE TEMPLE! Every time I go to the temple, I feel beautiful! Even this last Thursday when my hair was pulled in a pony-tail and I was not feeling so beautiful, when I found myself in the temple, the thought came to my mind that I am indeed beautiful!

Disclaimer: I am not conceited! It's just easier to feel better about yourself when you focus on WHO you are and WHOSE you are!

Also, did you watch General Conference today? I did! I loved it! It also made me feel beautiful, even in my pajamas, gracing the world (well, just my husband thankfully) with my bed-head hair, and smeared mascara I didn't wash off last night! That is right! It reminded me WHO and WHOSE I am! I am a daughter of God, wife to Nathan Benson, daughter of Darrell and Cindy Oler, sister to amazing siblings, and a DIVINE, DAUGHTER OF GOD! Is there anything better? I felt loved, beautiful, needed, wanted, and divine in all my pajama, old mascara, bed-head hair GLORY! 

Watch General Conference in the morning and see if you feel the same way! I hope you do!

Want to know something more!!! 
Here you go:

My Joyful Moment of the Day: My adorable neice Maleah in her amazingly clear words saying, "I love you Aunt Sharon!, I miss you!, I love you Nate!" over the phone to me tonight! Tears may have been trying to escape from my eyes! Tears of joy because Hello, who wouldn't feel joy, and tears of sadness as I yearned to jump through the phone and bear hug the little girl!

My "I can live without this!" Moment of the Day: This runny nose and Nate heading off to work a night shift!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new look of your blog! Sharon, I'm so glad you got to hear Maleah, she is growing to fast!!!!! You are beautiful inside and out, I have always known this :) Oh sister, I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete