1.26.2011

Another Poem

Another poem (in a moment)...more inspiration to move on and focus on my today rather than my yesterday!

I've needed it lately...I need reminders daily to enjoy the moment! For a couple years I have truly loved the saying, "Live every Moment!" You could say it has become my life motto and even though I use it in all the things around me I constantly forget my own favorite saying, my own life motto! 


 Nate and I enjoying our moment together! I love this picture because you can see the joy in our faces!

My brother-in-law recently posted something concerning this very life motto of mine that made me think some more! Here it is for not only mine but your enlightenment as well:

"Just had an epiphany on life. I know I'm 30, and it took me this long, but better late than never. Someone once told me about life; to live every moment. I want to add something to that; to learn from every moment that we live. We will never know everything about life, but if we learn something from every moment that we live, then we are at least moving forward in life."

I guess I have been missing something the entire time! I had the life motto but I haven't learned from it! With that here is some more inspiration! Here is to learning from life experiences TODAY! To experience the unknown, enjoy the moment, and learn from living every moment!

*Thanks for the extra inspiration Clay! I anticipated that you wouldn't mind me sharing (hope I was right)!

......................................................................................

The Year Ahead

A flower unblown; a book unread;
A tree with fruit unharvested;
A path untrod; a house who rooms
Lack yet the heart's divine perfumes;
A landscape whose wide border lies
In silent shade'neath silent skies;
A wondrous fountain yet unsealed;
A casket with its gifts concealed-
This is the year that for you waits
Beyond to-morrow's mystic gates.

-Horatio Nelson Powers 

2 comments:

  1. Never heard that poem before. Absolutely great message. Lately, I've been thinking about a sister message that comes from a country song, "It won't be like this for long." In the painful and even happy moments of life it's good to remember that life keeps going and if we don't enjoy the moments, they will soon be gone. Also, during the miserable times, it's comforting to think, "it won't be like this for long!" Love you! Thanks for your wonderful blog that I love to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sharona, you inspire me. Thanks for the uplifting messages. I miss your happy face!

    Also, I saw this and thought of you and your scrapbooking stuff!
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/trishuttercard/

    ReplyDelete