1.04.2011

Look Not behind Thee

I've been mulling over what I could set as a goal that would really help me this New Years! I don't want to set the once a year physical goal of losing weight that everyone always sets because I want something that will really help me both heart and mind! It wouldn't hurt me to be in better shape and I plan to work on being healthy however, that is not the goal for this year!

I have needed something to move me forward. Something to move my heart and mind forward with my ever-changing life! For the past 7 months I have been what I am calling "stuck!" My heart is not here in Oregon. It is definitely in the relationship with my husband but I left part of it in Idaho. I didn't really want to move here as most of you have figured if you read my blog frequently. Some days I have a really bad attitude about it!

But, I have a new desire to change my attitude and my new motto for the year is:

Look Not Behind Thee




There might still be bad days but after watching this video today I knew what I needed! It gave me the kick in the pants and the inspiration I needed to set a worth-while goal for the year that would really help me! It is just the thing I need this year and as readers of my blog I expect you all to help me! You better be the kick in the pants I need on those days when I complain about being here! I expect you to do it! But, do it nicely so I somehow save my pride! Ha ha...or be mean if that is what I need! ;-)

I just need a way to keep myself accountable now! If you have any ideas, let me know! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love your news years resolution! I'm sorry that you have had a hard time in Oregon I know it will get better for you, if you try to make it better. As you know I didn't like my ward when we moved here, well I have many friends now and even though I still have a hard time with the ward its self it is a lot better for me. I decided that not everyone in my ward could possibly be weird, so I started looking for people who I though I could be friends with, and it worked. Once I started trying, Hevenly Father helped me to make friends. I know it will work for you as well in Oregen. Pray for help, for Hevenly Father to help you finds ways to like Oregen. As far a being accountable, hum maybe whenever you start to feel down in the dumps about it all you could start a list and have to write down two things that you do like about Oregen. And if you can't think of something you have to go find something new to like?? I don't know maybe that would work? I love you I hope the new job will work out for you let me know! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete