1.02.2011

Lots of Excitement

Wow, our lives have been filled with a lot of excitement lately! That is my excuse for almost everything including my used to be messy house (it's clean now, hallelujah), my lack of blogging, my procrastination of putting away Christmas decorations, and so many more!

I'm slowly getting back into the normal every-day schedule! I don't know if I like this or not! We had so much fun with all of our family and friends that have been involved in the exciting times of our life lately and we didn't want any of it to end. However, all things must come to pass so it is just Nate and I on a quite Sunday afternoon today! Guess what!?! We even got in a nap (something we haven't done for a long time on Sunday)!

I have no idea how to catch up on everything that has happened but I'm going to attempt it anyways!

We found out about a month and a half ago that we would not be able to go home to Idaho for Christmas with all of our family and friends but luckily Nate's family (except for Josh in Iraq) were able to come to Oregon to spend the Christmas weekend with us! It was nice to have some family and familiar faces with us!

Our Christmas was great! For breakfast I fixed a sausage and bacon quiche with fruit and it was so yummy! That morning we were also able to skype with Josh who is currently in Iraq! Of course, he couldn't tell us anything he was doing it was nice to visit with him! It sounds like he is doing well amidst all the sand and the nature of work surrounding him. I thought it was bad not having any snow in Oregon but at least I'm not surrounded by sand clouds all day, right!

After breakfast and talking to Josh we got around to opening all the presents! We were all spoiled and are trying to find a place for everything! Some of our favorite presents of the year were Nate's CB radio, his bucky balls (really powerful little magnets to play with), money for new work boots (no more nails sticking in his foot), my sewing machine, my attachments for my Bosch, my new scrapbook luggage, three tubes of Deep Relief in my stocking, lots of hair bows and yummy smelling perfume/cologne! We also appreciate some money we received to help us out! Spoiled ever? We are! We feel so grateful for family who are always trying to help us out in any way they can!

Nate's mom and David

Brian
Nate's Dad, Mom, and Brian

Nate distributing presents (Does anyone else agree he needs a hair cut?)

After we were done with presents we all started opening and playing with different things for a while! I personally tried almost every stitch on my new sewing machine and my very patient teacher (my mother-in-law) taught me the basics of knowing how to set up my sewing machine, and sew!

For Christmas dinner we went a bit of a different route and had pizza. According to Nate that is a family tradition for the Benson's (however, his parents don't remember it)! Ha ha...I think he just likes pizza a little too much! Besides pizza, we had tons of candy and goodies to munch on from friends and family!

Nate and I were also able to skype with my family before he had to head of to work Christmas night! It was so fun to see everyone but so emotional as well. I did really good until I had to say goodbye but at that point the tears wouldn't stop and I cried for a good 15 minutes after I said goodbye! Nate wasn't there to comfort me and although I don't think they were sure what to do, Brian and David were quite understanding and they helped to take my mind off all my emotions of the day!

We had a most wonderful Christmas and can't wait for next Christmas when we are planning to come home to Idaho!

After the Christmas weekend we were also able to go see the snow!!! We went up to Mount Hood Monday morning and spent the afternoon there! On the way there, Nate's mom gave me an hour long foot zone! It was a good and bad thing! ;-) If you have ever had someone zone your feet before you know it can sometimes be painful! Well, it was definitely painful but the next day my hips and my back, which usually always hurt, felt so much better! Besides that, there was so much snow and it was so pretty on all of the trees! I LOVED IT! From there we said goodbye to his family and then headed to Washougal, WA where Nate installed his CB radio with the help of Paul! Krista and I hung out with them in the shop for a little while and then we journeyed inside to the warmth and helped to make the flowers for Paul and Krista's open house in Oregon!

Deciding whether I want to laugh or cry in pain!

Nate, his mom, and David


That's right, I am just putting my husband in a head lock!!! Smack Down
We have so much more to report on but I think we will save some of the excitement for tomorrow! On the agenda for tomorrow's blot post is a night of snow camping, off roading, and our New Years celebrations! Not to mention I will tell you all of how I am a real woman! A real, snow-digging, Idaho born woman! ;-)

Happy to see snow!!!

A late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

  1. haha, you are so cute! I love you lots! Miss you I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... Nate entered the world of bucky balls, huh? shaun told me about those last year and I thought it was silly that a grown man wanted little magnetic balls so bad, but I surprised him with them for his birtHday. Now he gave them to his brother for xmas this year! Those 2 were magnet building fools! Nate will have to come over so they can play together! Haha!

    Also... I know elder nelson! Chris, right? We were in the same ward growing up and his dad was my bishop! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete