1.02.2011

Happy new years

Well it is another year and a fresh new start. It has been a great year and I think probably one of the most excited I have had up to this point. I am very grateful Sharon agreed to marry me and that she puts up with me even when I get a little grumpy at times. She is truly an amazing woman and I love her with all my heart and soul! We have had some fun times since the last time we posted a posting on here. The first of which being that most of my family (except my brother josh who is off in Iraq serving to keep us free who we miss and are very grateful for and very proud of) came up to see us for a few days at Christmas. Because we had to work and couldn't go to Idaho they were kind enough to come to us. They got here Thursday night which unfortunately Sharon had to work. They stayed till Monday during the day. We had a fun Christmas even though our time together was interrupted by me having to work Christmas night and Sunday night. Me and Sharon were very much spoiled by both sets of family and we are very grateful for everyone's kindness to us. Because of me having to work we didn't get to do as many fun things as we wanted but we did get to go to silver falls park and see a few water falls and we did get to go to mt hood and play in the snow a little before everyone had to leave. Our next little adventure came on Tuesday when Paul and Krista Hildebrand had there wedding reception up in Portland on Tuesday. We were very late due to a late start getting going and getting lost a couple times on the way but we finally made it and did some video taping during the reception(well mostly Sharon did with a little help from me occasionally)! It was a smaller reception but was a lot of fun and there was plenty of food to go around. The best part though (for us anyway) came after when me and Sharon and Paul and Krista took our rigs and drove up in the mountains behind Paul s house to go camping. We had fun getting up there and then stayed up way to late playing games in the back of the jeep. I think we all stayed pretty warm in our cars during the night at least I did and I think Sharon did. In the morning we woke to about 5 inches of snow on the ground. We had parked down a hill So it made it a bit interesting getting out... after Paul trued getting up the hill about 5 times and only accomplishing hitting a tree and getting stuck I showed him the power of the Subaru and got up and out on my first try and then pulled him up over the last little bit of the hill. The rest of the way was a little slow with Paul leading the way through all the branches covered by snow which made it had to see out. Besides the jeep skidding off the road and us having to dig it out and push it we made it out without any more incidents. Sharon even drove quite a ways of the way out and did a great job... which is totally hot if you didn't know. ;-) we then spent the rest of the evening playing and hanging out at the Hildebrand residence! Then to end the week Paul and Krista came down and hung out with Sharon and I and stayed the night. We had planned on going to the beach but didn't end up making it out there so instead we went to rocky butte and ate our sack lunches in a McDonalds. We even got to see a chocolate waterfall through a window because the store was closed. Then to my surprise another one of my mission companions and his wife came over to see us. Elder nelson is from Keizer just south of where we are living and ever since we moved here he and his wife who I had not met had not been back out here so we had not yet seen them yet. Since they finally came home to see there family we got to spend a few minutes visiting with them and even gave them a little Cincinnati chili for old times sake. It has been a great couple weeks and it was a perfect way to wrap up the week. Anyway I think that will do it for this post.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment