6.10.2012

Please NEVER do this

...it will irritate me and my husband to the point of insanity, to the point of fury!

And, if you are a girl scout leader, never ever teach your girls that it's okay to do this, and never ever ever do it yourself! It's not okay!

Picture I took at the World War II Memorial yesterday afternoon

There are not many things that strangers can do to really make my husband mad. He gets annoyed but is generally pretty understanding with people we don't know. He tries to look at the situation in a different light and understand. I try to do that too but I'll be honest he's a lot better at it than I am. Well, anyways this even made him mad. Actually, not just mad, we were both "steam coming out of our ears, glaring at the world, stay 50 feet away or else" mad! We didn't even walk around the whole thing. We had to leave before we made a scene!

Respect is something I truly believe in! You may not like someone, agree with someone, or even appreciate someone, but I still think you should respect them! And, if you're going to respect anyone it better dang well be someone who risked their life for you, for your freedom, so you could have the opportunity to disrespect the memorial built for them.

Some veterans getting ready to pose for a picture

Please, if you ever visit the World War II Memorial or any other memorial, please don't do this, or anything similar, even if it's really really hot. That does not in the slightest bit make it okay. Ever. Period. End of Story!


No comments:

Post a Comment