6.16.2012

Girl Issues

Sorry, it's been a while. I promised posts to the family in our weekly e-mail last Sunday and I haven't done one. I had some girl issues this week. I tell you, sometimes it just really hurts to be a girl.

Ovarian cysts, they can be painful! Seriously, not enjoyable little things. My stupid right ovary hates me, and the last couple days I hated it right back! I really hate that after a trip to Patient First and a trip to the ER the only thing they could tell me was go home and rest, that's all that you can do!

I really hate going to the doctor. I try and avoid it at all costs. Even worse, I despise the Emergency Room. This is the first time I've ever been in one for myself, unless of course I had when I was too young to know. I worked in one for awhile and while I loved working there I learned just how long it can take for test results and waiting rooms. Still I didn't think we would be there from 3:30 am to 11:30 am. That was too long for me. We went back and forth about going and leaving a million times but decided eventually (after being in intense pain for 16 hours and barely being able to walk), that we better make sure it wasn't appendicitis. It wasn't. It was a complex ovarian cyst on my right ovary. They can be painful, but they usually take care of themselves. I have to follow up in 4-6 weeks to make sure it's gone. It better be gone.

I slept almost all day on Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday were lazy days of watching Heartland on Netflix. Dear family, that's my excuse. I'll try to catch up this weekend and the beginning of next week.

That's all!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain girl! I've had cysts several times and no they are not fun. sorry!

    ReplyDelete