6.03.2012

Ocean City

Nathan was a peach and took us out yesterday! He knew I needed something different from the norm of life around here lately. We packed up the Tahoe and headed to the coast!

It's about a 3 hour drive to a place called Ocean City with a beach that goes for 11 miles, right on the boardwalk that is enamored with little shops, restaurants, and vendors. We even convinced Uncle David to come with us, we made a day of it, and all got a little sun!



I couldn't convince David to get in the water but the husband gave in! We had some fun trying to stand strong and jump through the waves but I'll be honest there were a few times those waves won and beat me right down into the sand! It was so much fun though!

The waves were pretty intense so Kamden kept his distance. He really wasn't a fan of them at all. We tried bringing him up to see them but he wasn't very happy about it and when we tried getting his feet a little wet, he decided that was the end of it!

While Nathan and I played in the water for a little while Kamden oriented himself to the sand with Uncle David and by the time we got back up on the beach he was totally into the sand. I'm sure that he ate more than a couple mouthfuls of sand but he survived and enjoyed the experience once we let him run free, mouthfuls of sand and all!


We built a sandcastle for Kamden to play in.


He broke through the walls and filled our mote with sand!


Did I mention he ate that sand?


I love that handsome face, sand and all!

We checked out some artwork in the sand!



And played some more, too!



I had a blast! It was just the break I needed for the weekend. Kamden enjoyed his first time to the ocean, even if he only played in the sand. He wore lots of sunscreen...he didn't get sunburned! We didn't wear enough sunscreen...and we got sunburned!

I'm ready to go back! Anyone want to come next time?

1 comment: