5.22.2012

The Rules

I found this article after a friend posted it on facebook and I loved every bit of it!


Admittedly, I only have one son and he's only 8 months old (almost 9) but this makes sense and it called to my heart! I want Kamden and any future sons to know these things: that I will always be there cheering for them, that I can kiss him whenever I want, that he can call me anytime and he can cry in front of me too. I want him to know that this world is open to opportunity and possibility and he should explore it endlessly. He should know he can have fun and get dirty, but he should also know how to do a load of laundry or iron a shirt. 

I will take pictures and laugh with him when he takes a glass of orange juice, spills it all over the floor, and buries his face in it (not that that's happened), but then I will teach him how to clean it up (when he's a little older)!


Ultimately, I want him to know I am his mom, I love him,I will try to teach him all things good, and answer his questions the best I know how! He's strong but he's gentle. He's energetic but he's fragile and I'm here to teach him these things, as well as how to accept them.

Most days I am saying, "Heaven help me!" and really, I know deep down that heaven is helping me, every day!


2 comments:

  1. You are a great mom Sharon! You sure have a cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shandee. You little girl is absolutely adorable and I'm glad she's doing better. That's scary. You will be such a fun mom!

      Delete