5.08.2012

8 Months

Another month has flown by and Kamden was 8 months old yesterday! 

I feel like I got stuck in the 3-6 month stage and I have to keep reminding myself that he really has grown since then! 



In fact, the little man is already pulling himself up onto furniture and pretty much anything he thinks will hold him. He hasn't stopped since he learned how this last week and now the biggest challenge is getting him to go to sleep for naps or bedtime because he just wants to pull himself up onto the edge of the crib. I love watching him because he just seems way to small to be able to do it. People have been telling us he was a strong little boy since he was born and I've always known it but I still can't wrap my head around it!


We are still working on the crawling. He gets around really quickly with his "walrus scoot" as we call it, so he just hasn't found the desire to crawl. Maybe he will walk first! However, since he has become more mobile he falls a lot more, or bonks his head, or frustrates himself because he can't get something. He has his moments but overall he is such a good boy.

Kamden still doesn't have any teeth out yet but I'm pretty sure there trying to make an entrance soon. He's definitely been a little sensitive lately compared to his norm.


He still likes someone to be close by (separation anxiety is manifesting itself), but otherwise is a pretty independent little player and he's still usually pretty good about letting me get some things done. However, now he wants to be a little more involved with everything we do.

The kid is still a huge talker and mover. When we are in church it's hard to set him down anymore because with in a second he's off and running. He wants to play with everyone's bags, papers, chairs, and more so it gets a little tricky keeping him busy close by. We also find him to not be very polite when others are talking! Ha ha :-) Out of nowhere he will just start talking (ooohhhing and ahhhhing) as loud as he can!

Another fun thing is that sometimes all he has to do is look at me and all the sudden he will bust out in a giggle for no reason (other than I am pretty funny looking) and it makes me smile every time.


Every day is a new thing with him. He keeps us on our toes and makes us love him more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment