8.16.2010

Living Every Crazy Moment

Here I am to try and catch up on what we have been doing lately. Life has been a little busy, full of lots of driving, heat, ice cream, and even riding bikes!!! I will try to keep this in some kind of order but if you know how my brain works that might be a little difficult. I'll try it anyways...just for YOU!

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to drive back to Idaho to be with family for a little while! My grandpa had been in the hospital and was having a hard time with his cancer (see my last post) and so I decided it was time for me to come back home for a while. A little earlier than we had planned but I am so very glad I was there! I drove to Boise all day Sunday and then stayed with a great friend, Taci Mae that night! She and her grandmother always let me stay there and visit and what not! Love them to pieces!!! I left the next morning and got to Blackfoot Monday afternoon. My back was so happy to be done driving by that time! Hallelujah!!!

One of the greatest parts of my trip back there was that I got to play with these adorable little girls, who I took a million pictures of, every day that week!!! You can't beat that!!! :o) Grandma Oler usually watches these girls a few times a week when mom and daddy both have work but she was taking care of Papa Hebdon most the time so they were mine most the time!!!


Kaitlyn (top) and Mea (bottom)

I so loved being with these girls! I missed them a lot! Here are some more pictures of the fun we had!

Grandpa gave Mea chocolate (he does that a lot) and she was having some trouble with it on her face!!!


Mea loved packing my scriptures around. She is always everywhere!


This is here Where (insert name, usually Mommy) go? How cute!!!


Aunt Shanon also came to see us and so we made it a party and went riding in the wagon to go see Papa Hebdon and Grandma Oler!

It was Kaitlyn's turn on the way home and she found it rather soothing evidently. She was out within 5 seconds of laying in there! So cute!

Miss Kate is adorable! She gave us a little smile!

Aunt Shanon and the girls!!!

I love to kiss her whether she likes it or not!

Aunt Sharon with the two cutest girls ever!!!

Just one more picture to make you smile!!!

One morning when we went out to give the cows water Maleah was standing behind me and I went to turn on the water hose (I have never done this since my dad changed it) and that thing has as much pressure as a fire hose, I swear it! It went crazy, Mea went crazy, I went crazy trying to catch both it and Maleah! She was a little surprised and a lot wet! I felt bad!

While there my dear grandfather passed away. I was able to spend some time with him that I really enjoyed and appreciated. I didn't get that with my grandma before she passed on. His funeral services were great! My husband was able to take a couple days of work and we flew him in, which I really needed! It was so hard to be away from him for the week and a half I was. I realized as I drove into Blackfoot (what I thought was home), that home is now wherever I am with my husband. I love him so much and I dearly missed him but am so grateful he helped me get home to be with the family!

We made the long 11 hour trip home on Friday and have been trying to recover ever since! Haha...it is such a long drive in one day! We will probably recover by Thursday when we will once again turn around and head up to Idaho for a quick weekend with Nate's family to say hello to one brother and goodbye to another. One is returning from a mission and one is headed to Iraq in a month! Him and his three brothers can't seem to stay home! They are all out and about doing different things in different places! At least Brian will be closer to home for a while!

Since we arrived home though we have tried to have some fun too! We were able to buy some bikes so we could take up a new hobby and form of exercise! We had a hard time deciding to do this because we are trying to be really careful about extra money we are spending aside from our normal budget! I think we are happy we got them though! As long as it's not sweltering hot outside we have enjoyed going out and riding bikes together! I had to get the hang of it again because I haven't had a bike since I was about thirteen or something! Nate is good though. He can even sit up with both legs on his seat! We have had a bit of a case of sore butt syndrome lately but we like it too much!

 You can't see very good here but it's a general idea! I will get a better picture!
P.S. Don't you love the grunge sport shorts and t-shirt look we are sporting? We like to be comfortable!!!

This last friday we went camping with out ward. It felt a little awkward at first because we were late (it was a trial and a half getting there), we were both a little tired and frustrated with our late arrival, and we still are trying to get to know people. It turned out to be fun though. After setting up our own camp we roasted starburst and smores, most people in Oregon haven't roasted starburst, and then went to bed (Nate was exhausted, falling asleep by the fire!) We slept in until about 8:30, which Nate loved but hated me waking him up! That day we walked down to the beach from our campground about 500 feet away and spent a few hours there! It's fun to have an actual beach and the coast right in your backyard! I'm sorry we don't have any pictures because I am a slacker and forgot the camera!

Later that afternoon we headed off to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and ate way too much ice cream, and bought squeaky cheese (cheese curds) and some different sample size cheeses!!! Yummmm!!! 

We kept on driving over to Washougal, Washington and went to the Tough Truck Show in Clark County with Paul Hildebrand (Nate's good friend and old mission companion) and his dad! We were starving because it ended at 9:30 p.m. and we had not ate a meal since lunch so we took an hour to decide where to eat and ended up at Jack in the Box (the only place still open) and ate greasy yummy curly fries and burgers at 11:00 p.m. Yeah, we try to be really healthy, can't you tell!!! 

There have been a lot of movies watched throughout the last two and a half months of our lives! It is one of our new hobbies! We love you, Netflix!
P.S. Can you believe we have been married two and a half months!!! Crazy, I know!!!

We also went to the temple on Tuesday and it was amazing! No pictures still. Sorry! We have set Tuesday nights as our new temple night and are excited to get going every week! We are so blessed to be only a half hour away from the temple! Thank you Heavenly Father! I know he loves us and I know the teachings of his gospel are true!

Anyways, I hope this wasn't too boring. I don't know if everyone is interested in all of these stories but I hope my family is and they are the main reason I am learning to enjoy blogging! That and it is about the only record I keep of a journal! I am horrible, I know! Don't remind me, please!


3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog--soo happy for you and Nate. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Cute blog! Hope things are going as well as you are making them sound! Come check out ours...tagamartin.blogspot.com

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, cute pictures of the girls! That's awesome you guys got bikes, I don't think I've ridden one since I was 13 either. I'm glad that you guys got to go camping with your ward and that it was fun. You know something crazy is that I've never roasted starburst either, lets do that next time you are here. I hope that you two are doing good, let me know if you need anything. I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete