8.18.2010

Sometimes Life is Hard

So, I have recently been thinking a lot about a comment that one of my friends posted on my last blog post. She said "she hoped life was as good as I was making it sound!" Anyways, that really made me think. Was life as good as I tried to always make it sound? I at first thought, maybe  not. Then I thought, maybe sometimes. Now, I think a definite YES!

You see, we all have our days, our weeks, our months, or even our years of misfortune...BUT...mixed amongst all that misfortune are many of the treasured, priceless tender mercies of our Lord and our Savior, Jesus Christ. My life has not always been what I had hoped it would be, mostly my fault. At times it has been more than I hoped it would be! However, I realized last night driving home from the temple that through all the misfortune my Savior was still with me. He does not only love me when he sends his tender mercies. He loves me at all times. He loves me the many times I have royally messed up my life as well as the times I have tried to follow his path.

Sometimes we hurt, we hurt a lot. Sometimes we burst with joy! Other times we feel we are just here, existing. I think hurting a lot is almost better than just existing. Of course joy is the greatest. Most would think existing is next and then hurt. However, if we are just here to simply exist there is no real lesson, no point to the madness on this Earth. At least, if we can hurt we have felt something REAL, something intense, and something deep within ourselves.

So, is life as good as I make it sound? Well, yes it is. Why is it if I hurt or just simply exist sometimes? Because I also feel joy!!! 100% authentic, original, real JOY! I have also learned something else, amidst my thinking! You ready....HERE IT IS:

EVERYONE HURTS!!!
THEREFORE, IT IS OKAY TO SHARE WHEN WE HURT TOO!!!

Anyways, I am sorry about the antics on the easy lessons of life I am barely learning but I decided we need to share these times. We need to share our hurt and our joy, and our feelings of simply existing!  We all have them, don't we? So, I hope through this life lesson that my blog will become a little more REAL! A little more like the life of Sharon and Nate that we know on a daily basis. We have a lot of happy days! We have some bad ones though too! Sometimes it is hard to live with a new person of the opposite sex, from a different background. We don't always agree, we have more differences than we though we did. We hurt each other sometimes. However, we are TRYING! Why? Because WE LOVE EACH OTHER! Because we made a COVENANT to each other and our Father in Heaven! 

So, we struggle, we hurt, we simply exist some days...BUT...we are here TOGETHER and we wouldn't have it any other way if we had too! Life is meant to be spent with each other! We are meant to be with family and those we love and call family! 

Thank you Heavenly Father for giving me moments of hurt as well as joy! Thank you for teaching a stubborn, Sharon Marie the lessons she needs to learn no matter how hard you have to pound it into her brain! Thank you for loving me and sending me the tender mercies to keep me going! Thank you for blessing me with an amazing family to grow up with for eternity, amazing friends to join me in this journey, an amazing husband to start our own eternal family, and his family that is now my family to learn and grow with as well!


So, in this life, please count your blessings with me, your tender mercies, your hurts, and your joys...and we will help to remind each other that the blessings, the tender mercies, and the joys outweigh the hurts!

"A Family is Forever"

1 comment:

  1. Sharon you are amazing! I read all your posts and I wish I could be more like you. You are such an elegant writer and you are so good at explaining how you feel in words. You always find the good in everything, and you have an amazing testimony. I love you so much, thanks for being such a great example to me!

    ReplyDelete