7.31.2010

A Legacy of Love

Today, I am overcome with the feeling of love. Love for many things. I sit here for another day with my family. We are sitting, we are waiting with a dear man, our father and our grandpa.

Arlie Hebdon, has lived a long, full life, spending most of it with his dear wife, Bonnie, who he said a temporary goodbye to about a year and a half ago. He is a strong, devoted man who has fought cancer once before and is now plagued with it again. He has struggled, he has fought, he has grown tired, and he and all of us are now waiting. We are filled with love as we have the opportunity to say a temporary goodbye to him and wait for what we are sure will be one amazing homecoming. I know he will be welcomed back to his real home with his wife, parents, siblings, and friends who have passed on before him.

As I have sat with my amazing family, immediate and extended, for the last day I have realized:

1. We are not perfect
2. We all have differences
3. We all have opinions

I have also realized that in all our differences and imperfections we have come together. We have gathered to celebrate. Celebrate a legacy of love that two amazing individuals, brought together, have created for their children, grandchildren, friends, and even strangers.

So, as I continue to wait, and to learn I am overcome with gratitude. I know our dear Heavenly Father created our family with a divine purpose, knowing that we would need each other to come together and mourn our loss here and to celebrate the joining of our dear grandma and grandpa again. I am so thankful for the mercy that is available to each of us through an all loving Father and his Son, our Savior. I look forward to the day that once again I can embrace my grandma and grandpa together and thank them for their legacy, their lives, their examples, their testimony, and their love.

I hope my new and dear husband and I can create a similar legacy for our children and grandchildren and that they will do the same! Please, hold the ones you love a little tighter today and remember how grateful you are for them, in spite of  the imperfections, the differences, and the little things we call inconveniences. Celebrate their life and the love you share!


 Perfect Love by Del Parson


1 comment:

  1. Sharon, that is so well put! Grandpa was proud last night, even though he couldn't show it, he was proud of all his family. And he was so thankfull that we were all there together! I love you very much1

    ReplyDelete