5.18.2011

Hard Things

Sometimes, it's really hard to do things you just don't want to!

I had to say no to something today that we both really wanted! It was a really good opportunity for us but because of the feelings we were getting towards it we had to say no. That's when it's the hardest! I knew all along that the Spirit was telling me it wasn't right but the logic in my mind kept telling me that it would be a great opportunity for our family as well. I tried to talk myself out of listening to logic and the Spirit a million times the past few days and until I finally got the courage, with the help of my husband, to act I realized even though it was something we really wanted, finally listening to the Spirit brought a huge weight off my shoulders! I don't know why it wasn't right but regardless I still feel better.

Personal Revelation is a good thing! It is an amazing thing! I won't go into a lot more detail because we still have a lot of other decisions to make around here that really tell the whole story! I am just grateful for the Spirit, Personal Revelation, and a husband who knows how to help me realize that I know what I need to do even if I don't want to do it, and that when I follow through things will turn out alright; even if it means saying no to something good.

All that, and I love Doctrine & Covenants Section 6! Read it! It's one I look up and read frequently when I need some guidance! I always get something different out of it!


The scriptures are indeed, sacred, true books full of revelation to help us through our journey in life!
I love them!

1 comment:

  1. I totally just read that section on Monday! Love it! Good luck with everything! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

    ReplyDelete