5.31.2011

Big Changes

Remember how I told you we had some big decisions to make a little while ago?

Well, we finally have some direction and in 3 weeks we will be settling into a new apartment in Maryland (just about 20 minutes from Washington D.C.) for the next who knows how long? 

We plan on being there at least two years! That is one year longer than we lived in Oregon!

It was about two weeks ago that Nate and I both had a job opportunity present itself to us. Neither of us were looking in the slightest bit but they were both good opportunities if they worked out so we pursued them a little further.

I was offered a job as an Apartment Manager in Wilsonville, OR and we would have to move but we would get free rent and I could keep the baby with me during work. I turned it down. It was a lesson in revelation and listening to my heart. My mind thought it was perfect but my heart knew otherwise and I couldn't fight off the unsettling feelings so before knowing if Nate would be offered the job in Maryland I called and turned it down!

About four days later Nate was offered a job with ASRC, contracted to work for NASA, as a Propulsion Technician, making more than we anticipated they would offer. Godwin Pumps, his current employer tried to get him to stay but they just couldn't offer us enough to turn down this opportunity. 

I never thought I would live in Oregon or Maryland but it seems life takes us where we least expect it sometimes. We have had a lot of changes recently and we are nervous but excited to welcome even more changes. 

By the time we move out of Oregon we will have been here just a few days short of a year and now we are off to move halfway across the country again, with me six months pregnant this time!

We have a lot to do in the next two weeks but with Nate taking some of his extra vacation time before we leave I know we will somehow get it all done!

This last weekend gave us some time to enjoy each other and relax while Nate's family was all here visiting! With all of his brothers now scattered everywhere (Josh in Iraq, David in Maryland, Brian in California, and us in Oregon, moving to Maryland) there aren't a lot of opportunities for all of us to be together so when Josh found out he had leave we all planned to meet up in Oregon for a few days together! It was fun!

Now, it's time to work! Wish us luck in getting everything done!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys, but we will sure miss you! And I'm sad you are moving before your baby is born! You will have to post lots of pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon! I am so excited for you guys! You will totally love the east coast - promise. Good luck with the packing and the move and I can't wait to hear about your adventures there :)

    ReplyDelete