4.25.2011

Our Simple Easter

This year we had a simple Easter but it was fun, nonetheless! I must say thought it got me thinking and excited to have a little one to prepare Easter baskets, egg hunts, and other fun activities for! Next year will be a little too soon for some of the excitement but in two years it will be even more fun!

Anyways, this year since it is just the two of us we went to church (it's at 8:00 am) without much hype. I did make Cinnamon Streusel muffins but we ate them on the way out the door! Our sacrament meeting was great with fast and testimony meeting! I was so grateful for Christ's atonement but mostly his resurrection! I was struck with just how amazing our bodies really are and that Christ broke the bonds of death for each one of us! I can't fathom how exciting the resurrection will be to receive our bodies in a perfect state with ALL our family! Primary was a little crazy with 13 kids in my class! I was a little overwhelmed and even though I think I spent more time trying to get them to listen than teaching the lesson, I hope they caught something about the Easter message.

After church we ate another muffin and I told Nate he had to find his Easter present! Since, it was just the two of us and Easter egg hunt didn't merit itself as much so I hid his Easter present instead! I thought I had a really good spot in my cedar chest but then I realized I left the stuffed animals on top of it on the floor and he found it really quickly! Instead of putting his stuff in a basket I got him some camping duffel bags and stuffed all his candy and stuff in there! I knew he wouldn't be psyched over having a basket so I decided to get him something he could use to put everything in. When we were old enough my mom did this for us by buying us mixing bowls that we could use every year or stuff of that sort so I loved the idea for Nate! I just threw everything in the bag with plastic eggs that I filled with little notes for him!

I got spoiled because Nate bought me stuff that we needed in my car! He got me a gps/phone/i pod holder that adjusts to fit each, a tool kit, and a first-aid kit, and some emergency fix-a-flat for my car! Now I'm prepared! He also got me a little easel that says Family on it! Can you say spoiled?

After we had our fun with Easter presents I started my first turkey in the oven. Just as I stuck the turkey in the oven some friends in our ward called and invited us to dinner at their house! It was so nice of them to think of us and we accepted! I can't tell you how many times the Grimmett's have invited us over to their house for dinner or an activity since we moved into the ward! Thanks Emily and Shaun for always thinking of us!

While we waited to go to the Grimmett's we watched The Little Mermaid with some popcorn and after the movie I finished preparing the dinner I was going to make so we could have it today and for leftovers! I started cheesy potatoes and rolls. Then we went to have dinner with our friends and it was so funny because they had prepared almost the same exact meal I had planned except they had ham instead of turkey and the angel food cake she made was definitely better than mine! We loved being there and got some candy from Maisey and Gage, their little kids!

Sorry, I didn't take and pictures. I have gotten out of the picture taking habit and I need to kick myself for it! I will work on that!

Our Easter was simple, but it was fun to spend it together, of course! I am so grateful that I have a growing family to spend my Holidays with and although I miss our family in Idaho desperately most Holidays I can't wait for the day when we can hopefully move back and have the whole family experience. I truly am blessed to have my husband at my side and to experience the capability our bodies have to carry a child! It just makes me realize how amazing the bodies we received are!

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. sorry our dinner was so similar! Enjoy all your leftovers! :)

    ReplyDelete