4.12.2011

Awaiting Sweet Relief

So, guess what I got to do yesterday! Endure what I would probably consider the most painful experience thus far in my life! Really, no kidding! And I'm still paying for it, sore as ever but in a few days I'm supposed to feel better than I have in years! 

It's called scar tissue therapy. It is a method of massage therapy but jut let me tell you it's not one of those pleasant, relaxing massages that make you feel pure bliss! Actually I've never had one of those before but I was told that after the therapy and my body heals a massage will actually feel good for the first time in my life! I'm praying this is true! Anyways, this therapy focuses on breaking down scar tissue so your body can regain proper circulation and dissolve the scar tissue, eliminate it, and heal! It will work for scar tissue that is new or old, including scar tissue you have had your whole life!
For the last two years of my life I have dealt with almost constant back or hip pain in some shape or form! I have learned how to live with and handle pain pretty well. I was in a car accident where I was rear ended and herniated a disc as well as experienced the whiplash and other fun stuff! Different forms of back pain come and go but the past while, starting Saturday night I was experiencing severe back pain that kept me from getting any more than about an hour of sleep at a time and the slightest movement or deep breath sent sharp, shooting pains into a certain area of my back. I decided my only choice was to stop breathing! ;-) Nate, didn't think that was a very good idea so he called his mom and asked her about this therapy that she had recommended I get as soon as possible. The only problem is the therapist is in Blackfoot, Idaho and it's not the easiest to get an appointment with her.

To shorten the story a little I ended up flying to Idaho Sunday morning and meeting with the therapist Monday morning and flying back home to Portland this morning. She worked on scarring I have had my whole life from a scar that goes almost all the way down my back from surgery to remove a tumor when i was a babe, to my back accident, to broken ankles, and a head injury. I have never experienced such pain in my life and I am beyond sore right now but in a couple of days I should feel magnificent! Right now, I'm waiting for, hoping for, praying for that magnificent feeling and I think Nate is too so he can stop babying me, helping me up and down, move around, and listening to me either wanting to scream or cry!

I'm alive and I'm feeling better at certain times if I can get some sleep but Thank you times a million to our family who have helped out a ton the past couple crazy days! I really am beyond grateful even if I was a bump on a log, grumpy at times, woke you up in the middle of the night, or if I asked you to go into town just to get me ice packs to last me a whole night. It helps to have an amazing husband and family!

I probably won't be of too much use around home or at work the next couple days but I have faith that relief will come! I have learned a couple lessons in the last couple days but I think I will save those for the next post! I'm going to work on that sleeping thing for now but there's the update for those who were wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment