4.06.2012

Weekend Plans and Thoughts

Today, I am staying in my pajamas. That isn't unusual, but it just sounds good today. Some days, I look in the mirror and wonder why I'm not dressed for the day. Today, I don't really care. I got the little man dressed, despite his protests. I shouldn't have. He loves to be naked (with a diaper), of course. He would have been in Heaven.

The husband has to go to a scout campout tonight. I'm a little disappointed. I had hopes of snuggling on the couch while watching a movie but it will have to wait until tomorrow. We will also finish our Easter Countdown on Sunday! We made a countdown chain with something good and nice we have to do each day before we can take off the egg. We've done most of them but haven't taken off the eggs. I didn't want to. I liked it better with all of them on there. That way we can use it again next year, when Kamden can be involved and excited about it!

Last night, my new nephew joined us in this big, bad world! His name is Carter Steve Kappas, and he's pretty much adorable. He has the dark hair and cheeks his sisters did and I'm sad that I can't meet him yet. I was able to cuddle on both of his sisters after they were born and I'm sad to have to wait. I'll post pictures later. I don't want to do anything crazy until his parents get to post pictures first.

Carter's little tiny body and features remind me that my little man, although still a baby, isn't so small anymore. He's growing into a little boy all of the sudden and I'm not sure how to feel about that yet. He turns 7 months old tomorrow and that baffles my mind.
 
(I promise he doesn't usually sleep with a huge blanket in the crib. Nathan didn't want to wake him up trying to take it off, so we waited a little while until he was really out!)

I love to stare at him while he's sleeping. He's so peaceful. I also love to listen to him talk to himself and play in his crib though, after he wakes up. Children are such a blessing.

Also, with Easter coming up my thoughts are turned again to dear, sweet Oaklie Rose, my niece, stillborn just a few short weeks ago. What a blessing to have the beautiful reminder of Easter and our Savior's resurrection so close to the heartbreak of losing this sweet little girl. What a sweet day that will be when she is reunited with her parents. I will give anything to witness that tender moment!

Happy Easter, people! Make it a blessed one!



No comments:

Post a Comment