12.03.2010

"If You Had That Many Kids..."

Well...

One dollar store run...
One Wal-Mart run...
Two carts full of groceries to one person...
6 6 lb. bags of frozen hash browns...
18 lbs. of bacon...
18 lbs. of sausage...
21 lbs. of Krusteaz pancake mix...
16 containers of syrup...
25 dozen eggs... 
10 gallons of milk...
10 gallons of Orange Juice...
a couple other items...
and 15 phone calls later...

I am almost ready for the Ward Christmas Brunch tomorrow morning!

I still have one more Wal-Mart run to make for I'm not sure how much butter yet and then I should be good!

I got plenty of funny looks and comments! The nice lady who checked me out asked, "Now what is this for?"
I reply, "A Christmas Party!"
She replies, "Okay, I was going to say if you had that many kids..."
My reply was, "If I had that many kids I would be in a mental institution!" I'm only 24 for goodness sake!

I hope I guessed about right! It isn't easy to plan food for 150 people. Thanks for the advice tonight mom! Your second opinion was much needed and appreciated!

Tis' the season for eating lots of food tomorrow!


I hope your hungry Woodburn 2nd Ward!

4 comments:

  1. haha that is so funny! That is a ton of food, where are you going to keep it overnight? I hope you have room in your fridge. Good luck with the brunch tomarrow I'm sure it will go good. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharon! I hope your party went well! Give me a call and update me!
    P.S. I don't mind if you don't have that many kids but one or two would be nice! Just saying.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job! Planning the food for a whole ward is no easy task! Everything turned out really good:)

    ReplyDelete